Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Blockchain maintenance developer  (Read 43046 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Also note that dan & co do the windows release builds.

Extremely interesting logic. I would have used that as an argument for them to not be payed actually. Why?

There seem to be just a single person around here  who NEEDS the win build(1) (as opposed to the rest that just build those themselves). When on a 3 page thread, for more than a week this person was asking for help, they did not come up with a single comment(2)...
AFAIK the most important player who needs "official" win builds is BTC38.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
what is you github account ?
I happened to know.. it's a team. Members are dnotestein, emfrias, and maybe 2 more people.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Extremely interesting logic. I would have used that as an argument for them to not be payed actually. Why?

There seem to be just a single person around here  who NEEDS the win build(1) (as opposed to the rest that just build those themselves). When on a 3 page thread, for more than a week this person was asking for help, they did not come up with a single comment(2)...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:53:18 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
What was the issue you guys solved?
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/251
We took on this one to get started in the code base as it was an easily repeatable one and it was a good match for our skill set.
Not too bad so far.
Hope you'll have more progress on the API server spamming issue, which I remember you've said earlier and is more important.
By the way, as @theoretical mentioned, please don't close a ticket if it's not merged into the code base of next release, otherwise it may get forgotten easily.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Ah I guessed it was Nathan doing it.
But who is co?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/251
We took on this one to get started in the code base as it was an easily repeatable one and it was a good match for our skill set.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
You're voted in now, but still no future plan or what have you done from the beginning date.
If you provide weekly or bi-weekly updates, you will get more support from the community.
Our future plan is pretty much what I posted at the head of this thread, just to look thru open issues related to blockchain/server code and take then on based on signficance, repeatability, etc. I've been planning to do bi-weekly updates on what we've done, at least at the beginning.  I'll file our first report this week, but I need to accumulate the work done from all involved, which isn't easy to do yet since we're snowed in here and it's better/faster to do it face-to-face.

Eric and I were only able to solve one issue so far (it took about 8 man hours), as we've been tied up with other tasks, and I've spent another hour or so looking at github issues, discussing potential solutions, and assigning them based on priority. Theo's done the most work so far, but I still need to get his status report. Once I've accumulated total hours spent by each party, I'll allocate funds accordingly. If it turns out that we don't devote enough hours on any given month, I'll just send the extra funds back to the reserve account for that month. This will give us flexibility to spend time on serious issues when we need to, and work on our own stuff when there's no pressing problems (or when we've got pressing work of our own).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
You're voted in now, but still no future plan or what have you done from the beginning date.
If you provide weekly or bi-weekly updates, you will get more support from the community.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
 how many works you do per day?????

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

Offline noisy

Slave developers imprisoned by the blockchain, working as slaves under 24/7 video surveillance by remote share holders willing to fire them a moment's notice.  Hrrrmmmm. I like.

It should not work like that :P Everyone working on bitshares are doing awesome job. It great to show other people that we are passionate about it. I streamed on livecoding 22:15 hrs of my work and I know, that is not the end. I have also learn a lot watching what other people are doing :)
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Slave developers imprisoned by the blockchain, working as slaves under 24/7 video surveillance by remote share holders willing to fire them a moment's notice.  Hrrrmmmm. I like.
I speak for myself and only myself.