Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129682 times)

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I haven't done anywhere nearly as much as most of you guys who posted here. But I've been passionately following this project for over 1.5 years now and tried to engage in this forum by giving (hopefully) constructive feedback/criticism. Especially concerning dilution. (Like this proposal, which unfortunately didn't gain a lot of traction back then)

I don't feel entitled to anything but I would certainly appreciate any brownies send my way  ;D

Also really good idea, small things like this can sometimes make all the difference for personal motivation.

BTS: frodo

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
I have done many things to assist the BTS dream - I think too many to list here.

I submit myself to Bytemaster and Nybblemaster and their best judgement of value provided.

Feel free to send to ID: murderistic

Cheers dudes!

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
thanks for the brownie.pts bm!

Offline robrigo

Mmmmm, brownies. I've been on a bit of a hiatus focusing on non-BTS stuff, but here are some of my contributions off the cuff:

• Educating about BitShares on BTT, Disqus (Cointelegraph, Coindesk, etc.), Twitter, IRL.
  • Pay for a meetup.com sub out of pocket which gives us 3 pages: Detroit, Bay Area, and Buenos Aires.
  • Minor edits to wiki.bitshares.org.
  • Submitted a draft to Wikipedia for BitShares.
  • Guerilla promoted PeerTracks at Movement fest.
  • Support those who need it with troubleshooting the client.
  • Wrote a few editorials for NullStreet Journal.
  • Submitting client bugs as I find them to github.
  • Proofreading the copy for the new website refresh.
  • Wrote a couple BTS tests using theoretical's tool for 0.x client.
  • Assisted the bitscape crew on the BitShares p2p road trip.
  • Give feedback to designers such as abirt and cass.
  • Orchestrated CryptoMoneyExpo BitShares booth.

Looking forward to contributing more in the future as time permits!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:26:49 pm by robrigo »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I've done some petty accomplishing on this forum, particularly in the period of time before heavy hitting marketers like method-x, murderistic, and kenCode came along.

Thank You @unreadPostsSinceLastVisit :)

I remember Thom, Karnal and Kencode (all valuable community members now).

Thank You @delulo :)

(Also please give some to KenCode and vote for his delegate!) :)

Thank You @Ander :)

I want to offer a call out to fuzzy, kencode and cryptoprometheus amongst many many others who do a lot to move this along.

Thank You @mike623317 :)

@bytemaster @Stan
I love brownies as much as the next guy, but I'd just like some votes from the Cryptonomex crew, please.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Recently I have produced professional and top-quality MS-paint renditions of BitShares analogies. ;)

That's awesome and worth at least 100 Bytemaster Points!

btw, why don't a lot of you oldtimers have your BTSID's listed or registered?  It makes it hard to determine if the forum account is actually tied to the BTSID and you're missing out on some BP's (cuz, we tried to give some of you some last night and found this out).
Some may be attempting a separation of real ID and bts accounts.
The VPN only needs to fail once... :(

I'll add the minor account, krimduss, to my profile
Thanks for trying to send me some!

6. Finally my self and  a team of 4 advanced IT programmers are in the process of building high frequency bots and other exciting things for trading BTS and bring some liquidity in the system.
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:39:46 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Major shout-out to CLains for PMing me and alerting me to this Brownie.PTS thing. Fun idea.

I've been pretty quiet in the community lately, but in the past year-and-a-half I've participated in many forum discussions and hopefully been a helpful voice on stuff.

I ran a private, custom market-maker bot for BitUSD/BTC on Bter with several hundred dollars. It's been shut down since the Bter BTC-theft debacle.

I wrote significant portions of the BitShares FAQ commissioned by Brian Page, most of which can be found here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/FAQs#DACs

I've done some helping-out of newbies. There were a couple months when my main goal on the forums was to clean up after tonyk's attempts to scare new people away.

Um... not sure if this is a plus or a minus (lol), but I engaged with the RandPaulCoin guy back when he was around, trying to help him work out his BTS clone.

I used to go to the Nxt forum pretty frequently and preach about bitshares.

If you want hours, I've probably done between 10 and 100 hours of productive work for BitShares.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Hopefully I can think of more stuff and post it :)
I do love brownies  :P

BTS account: mrjeans
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:30:38 pm by MrJeans »

Tuck Fheman

Recently I have produced professional and top-quality MS-paint renditions of BitShares analogies. ;)

That's awesome and worth at least 100 Bytemaster Points!

btw, why don't a lot of you oldtimers have your BTSID's listed or registered?  It makes it hard to determine if the forum account is actually tied to the BTSID and you're missing out on some BP's (cuz, we tried to give some of you some last night and found this out).

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Initially I asked lots of questions, not sure how that counts :)

- I fought endless explanation battles on btt, disqus, nxt forum and reddit about bitshares and dpos. The best ones: Reggie battle (in the comments section, user BtoC),  NXT Forum
- I contributed to the wiki (not nearly as much as others though, xeroc for example or gamey).
- I wrote two articles for the Bitshares blog that are currently not online anymore: The value proposition of BitShares I & II.
- I hope that I gave constructive critique.
- I helped newcomers who tried to understand Bitshares get up to speed - I remember Thom, Karnal and Kencode (all valuable community members now).
- I translated one of the many Bitshares.org sites to German (the one Brian Page made...).

I would be honored by some points but I feel I already got much: Most of all I am super thankful for the patience Bytemaster had (I learned a lot!) and the openminded, friendly and principle based attitude of this community.

BTS handle: delulo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:22:27 pm by delulo »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
me want brownies nomnom...

I'm sure you are well aware of my work :)

edit some highlights:

- first trusted PTS escrow
- forum mod
- newbie faucet
- helped with coinomat integration
- support on twitter etc
- marketing
- maintaining blockchain alternative download

my BTS ID: fav

Tuck Fheman

@Bytemaster what will be the fees for transferring brownie points. If they don' have nominal value, will it be free? I am interested on this for promotion of app usage together with bitshares.

Question bump :)

Edit: I know it won't be "free", but a very small fee?

We sent some around to peeps on the forum last night and it was .5 BTS.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I have posted lots of posts.  Not sure if that is appreciated.

About 3/4 of all posts I start I never submit, because I don't think they add anything to the conversation.  Maybe that is appreciated
I took part in the first testnet, submitted bugs, and logs.

I helped some people build the linux client.  I was already tipped for this from the support tipping thread. 

I have very little free time, and very few skills to directly improve the network. 

I have spent most of my time attempting to provide those with better skills or opportunites, resources to improve their results.

Most recently I sent some plastic business cards to 38ptswarrior so he could hand them out in clubs.  (this first batch is almost totally worthless because I made the qr code too small, I plan on sending more though)

BTS account is puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
My id is  K1
1.I participate in discuss on forum, supply idea, and find bug.
2.Run a Chinese local faucet to help people that cannot connect to netwok because of  GFW  to register .  website : http://www.btaer.com/

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I can't track all the good things I've done for the Bitshares community but probably one of the most noticeable influences I've had was conceptualizing the virtual mining pool which ultimately became Minebitshares.

Lately I haven't been as active though.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3587.0
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads