Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129609 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Bytemaster, I bet you have more important things to do than tracking who earns your favor. If finally the BROWNIE.PTS will have real value (by being sharedropped upon), then their distribution should be quite fair and systematic, otherwise it will only be a dividing factor later. If BROWNIE.PTS do not have value, then I wonder why you would take so much time trying to evaluate who deserves them.

Is Ags/pts a dividing factor? Early comers / early adapters take a bigger risk. Why should they not profit more?

That said i still think this is an experiment.

He pretty much said that already. I am curious how he is keeping things organized as some people have been missed it seems.

In the midst of this there was a call out for certain bots to be made... so this to me is having fun while gathering information on where work needs to be done to have an effective rewards system within the community... among other things.

My 2BTS anyways.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lakerta06

Bytemaster, I bet you have more important things to do than tracking who earns your favor. If finally the BROWNIE.PTS will have real value (by being sharedropped upon), then their distribution should be quite fair and systematic, otherwise it will only be a dividing factor later. If BROWNIE.PTS do not have value, then I wonder why you would take so much time trying to evaluate who deserves them.

Is Ags/pts a dividing factor? Early comers / early adapters take a bigger risk. Why should they not profit more?

That said i still think this is an experiment.

Offline lakerta06

I'm deleting this post because I find it hard to state my opinion without negativity emanating from every key I press. That isn't good for the project.

We wouldn't want to ruin the poetic circle jerk forming in this thread would we?

You guys do realize the origin of brownie points is from brown nosing.

I see this thread as a probable social experiment. Let bm play his game. For a while at least...

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I'm deleting this post because I find it hard to state my opinion without negativity emanating from every key I press. That isn't good for the project.

We wouldn't want to ruin the poetic circle jerk forming in this thread would we?

You guys do realize the origin of brownie points is from brown nosing.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:13:25 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

38PTSWarrior

Daily street performance. Maybe constantly 3 hours a day since 1.5 years. There I mix jokes, comedy and BitShares to some kind of infotainment.

Flyers small and large. I spent maybe 200 euros or more.

Wearing self made bitGOLD shirt almost daily.

I just received hundreds of thin plastic cards from user puppies with bitshares.org qr code. Now I write on each card “bitshares.org“ or “38PTSWarrior“, so people can google my site with permanent marker because the qr code is too small.

I will pay him once my delegate gets income but he will receive 1000 bts for taking action and for winning the flyer bounty.

BitShares camping the last weeks. Am still at camping and give away the new cards and explain stuff.

Published videos of my listeners on youtube.

I now met a c++ and more programmer who will help me with a referral button and a strategy for making new users. He would do it for free because he likes it but I will make 50/50 with him.

Someone registered through my ref-link.

I did not sell at the bubble.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:13:08 am by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
For real though....fuzzy deserves a shit ton of Brownie.PTS....at least 800,000....he's one of the main reasons I keep coming back.
I agree on the shit ton for fuzzy! +5%

Offline VoR0220

For real though....fuzzy deserves a shit ton of Brownie.PTS....at least 800,000....he's one of the main reasons I keep coming back.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline VoR0220

For being an annoying pest on the githubz, attending da meetingz, and constantly promoting delegated proof of stake to everyone who I have to explain what the hell this "cryptocurrency" thing is? "Bitwhat?"

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I'd like to get some BP if it's possible.

* submit issues/comments and fixes in Github (id: abitmore)
* help identify problems / answer questions in forum
* attend some mumble sessions earlier this year

My BTS ID is abit.

Thanks.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Would not mind some BROWNIE.PTS :)
I have been quite active in the past 2 years (except last few months) promoting Bitshares and participating in forum discussions, spreading information about Bitshares to many people and helping new users get started.

user account: bitcoiners
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline twitter

• View Profile
1)lost 50% of my BTS by shorting in inner market <grin> (around half million)
2)spreading words to my colleagues and got them to donate quite a lot BTC for AGS fund <still receiving blame from them....> 

BTS account : "spring"

Myid is  spring
witness:

Offline betax

• View Profile
You forgot me...  :'( :'(  id:betax (Thanks!) or betaxtrade

A more formal thought of what I have done:

1. Tech support (when I could) in the forum until August last year.
2. Created weekly / daily builds (not automated) before automation.
3. Created the different variants of http://bitbalance.azurewebsites.net/ to check the different allocations
4. Tested (not much lately) and reported some bugs
5. Continuously promoted under my real name on twitter, google plus, youtube, other forums. You might have seen me "hint" defend you @twitter when Vitalik criticised you recently.
6. Forgot.. starting lottocharity as a delegate to provide funds to the user of the forums, kept it running for a few months and nearly made it to the 101.. eventually a give up un the idea :(
7. Market making / testing for a few weeks, when the first scripts were launched, but then I had to travel and could not keep a constant eye.
8. ...

After all this ^^^ when we first launch I was travelling on holiday and forgot to set my delegate to produce blocks so I missed 70 blocks on one day whilts driving, hence I gave up on the idea of being voted again ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:36:48 am by betax »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I think I have sent some BPs to everyone who has posted in this thread with a BTS account name.   

I am really amazed at how much people have been doing, so much more than I could ever track or value.   

I think you forget us BM ...  :-[ :-[ :-[

Here is our post :

BitShares French ConneXion is kind of new in this community but we've acheived to :

Build a web site to give information in french about BitShares
Translate BitShares 101 in french and give it for free in our web
Translate some articles we found interesting
Translate the infographic, triflod, flyers, ...
Produce our own articles for newbies
We are actually creating a YouTube channel with tutorials for anything related to BitShares. We'll try to have it in the 12 more widely spoken languages.

So far it was all made on our free time and passion for BitShares.

Much more is coming ;)

If our contribution merit some brownies, we'd love to have some

Our id : bitsharesfcx

Sorry!   BPs sent your way, thanks!

you forgot me too :D

bts: fav