Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28384 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
tony it is very entertaining to read you sarcastic posts (not kidding) but it would give your critique more weight if you can come up with an alternative plan...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
:-)
<- naive guy

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I promised to share my thoughts on the market when I have one. Well today I do.

The topic is:

'BitShares Music'
Short Version:

Sell, sell, sell... whenever you get your hands on any bishashares Music shares (called Notes) sell. At whatever price the poor buyer is offering; do not give him a chance to think twice!

Compared to bitMusic Notes, LTBcoin is a stroke of genius!

Long  Version:

-Totally screwed or laughable IPO, depending on your point of view.

Let’s not talk about PTS/AGS holders – getting in 30 % of a worthless product is not much better than getting just 10%, I know getting 10% is insulting nevertheless.
The IPO is designed to follow all well-known path of ‘crypto space’ stupidity –Ethereum style, or ‘known number unknown quantity’ style IPO. In short you pay $5 for X number of shares, but you are totally unaware how many shares will be sold. With every passing day the new buyer get less number of shares per $5 but at least know how many other crazies have bought before them.  The total number of crazies still remains unknown, as there may be many more coming after them.
If this is not enough, the wise DAC creators/founders not just keep the proceeds of the ipo, they also reward themselves with free shares (about 30% of the total DAC’s shares, never the less!)

-Suspicious business model and incentive structure.

-Well the IPO was the fun part, there the creators of this DAC just rob you in bright daylight and that is in a way honorable of them.
While they thought hard for their 30-35% free notes, in the business model we see that those Notes are not worth much. They entitle you to transactions fees… and that is pretty much it (well other than being a speculator and shorting musicUSDs at their own eXchange)
The other way to make money in this system are the following:
      – You lend money to a promising musician, he promises to give you something back (or not) if he is a success. Way to enforce such promises are something that the ‘founders’ will have to think of… but that is for later.
     -The 3rd way the system makes money is buy selling music- on $1 dollar sales here are the proposed ratios:
95% for the musician;
4% for the ‘founders’ ???? (as they have expenses for bandwidth, etc.)
1% transaction fees…

But at least bitMusic will have in house exchange, rivaling the complexity of BTSX. Do not ask me why - the answer of course is -Because they can!
Agree on the IPO model. It has the downside of not knowing what you will get / at which market cap you buy in. Instead an ASG style fundraiser or normal bank style IPOs would make sense. For the latter you would have to valuate the company / nodes beforehand.

As for the 10%. That could have been more I agree. But no reason to act against the DAC or refuse it! Be grateful for what you get! No one has to honor anything. Its all a free market. If you think 10% is too low create or help create a competitor that honors more. All voluntary.

As for why nodes should be worth s.t.:
- Two types of tx fees: Normal transaction processing fees and a higher fee for buying music.
- You need bitUSD backed by nodes to buy music (whether creating an own bitUSD market on that chain is advisable I dont know).

If you criticize someone you should be able to say how you would make it better. What would be your business / monetization model?

Oh, my model? It will be the same.

-I will give myself 35% of all shares - as you all know I am 'the best marketer and financial mind around'.

-I will get the shadiest of shady IPOs to get as much money as I can get.("Jump in the pool with a number in your hand", is a pretty good model I think...  -aka 'Who the fuck cares what one is getting for his money")
-Then I will tell all PTS/AGS holders that they are better off with 2% in trillion dollar DAC than with 30% in a worthless one. After taking  their stake, I will just make another IPO to sell 65% of those, and will keep 35% for myself (myself aka the best thing in finance and marketing after...)

Then I will make an exchange on my DAC, and will secure the bitMusicUSD with the shares I have accrued above. Each  bitMusicUSD  will be backed by some of my (free Notes). The good part (amongst others) is that no other shorter can compete with me - after all I have 70% of the Notes, and I got them for...free.

Should I go on....

Or we can wait 2 weeks/months, for the cobs latest twist, as the more optimistic of us suggest...
let's see the details once cob reveals them
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:12:59 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
let's see the details once cob reveals them

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

The topic is:

'BitShares Music'
Short Version:

Sell, sell, sell... whenever you get your hands on any bishashares Music shares (called Notes) sell. At whatever price the poor buyer is offering; do not give him a chance to think twice!

Long  Version:

Let’s not talk about PTS/AGS holders – getting in 30 % of a worthless product is not much better than getting just 10%, I know getting 10% is insulting nevertheless.
The IPO is designed to follow all well-known path of ‘crypto space’ stupidity –Ethereum style, or ‘known number unknown quantity’ style IPO. In short you pay $5 for X number of shares, but you are totally unaware how many shares will be sold. With every passing day the new buyer get less number of shares per $5 but at least know how many other crazies have bought before them.  The total number of crazies still remains unknown, as there may be many more coming after them.
If this is not enough, the wise DAC creators/founders not just keep the proceeds of the ipo, they also reward themselves with free shares (about 30% of the total DAC’s shares, never the less!)

-Well the IPO was the fun part, there the creators of this DAC just rob you in bright daylight and that is in a way honorable of them.
While they thought hard for their 30-35% free notes, in the business model we see that those Notes are not worth much. They entitle you to transactions fees… and that is pretty much it (well other than being a speculator and shorting musicUSDs at their own eXchange)
      – You lend money to a promising musician, he promises to give you something back (or not) if he is a success. Way to enforce such promises are something that the ‘founders’ will have to think of… but that is for later.
     -The 3rd way the system makes money is buy selling music- on $1 dollar sales here are the proposed ratios:
95% for the musician;
1% transaction fees…

But at least bitMusic will have in house exchange, rivaling the complexity of BTSX. Do not ask me why - the answer of course is -Because they can!
Agree on the IPO model. It has the downside of not knowing what you will get / at which market cap you buy in. Instead an ASG style fundraiser or normal bank style IPOs would make sense. For the latter you would have to valuate the company / nodes beforehand.

As for the 10%. That could have been more I agree. But no reason to act against the DAC or refuse it! Be grateful for what you get! No one has to honor anything. Its all a free market. If you think 10% is too low create or help create a competitor that honors more. All voluntary.

As for why nodes should be worth s.t.:
- Two types of tx fees: Normal transaction processing fees and a higher fee for buying music.
- You need bitUSD backed by nodes to buy music (whether creating an own bitUSD market on that chain is advisable I dont know).
I dont think that is that bad.

If you criticize someone you should be able to say how you would make it better. What would be your business / monetization model?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:40:51 am by delulo »

jaran

Ya i dont get the reason for a whole new exchange either.  I always thought the whole point of all of this was the DAC would be on the bitsharex exchange.  Thus bitsharex holders also benefit because people need bitsharex to buy notes or whatever the DAC issues.  I'm confused...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

The topic is:

'BitShares Music'
Short Version:

Long  Version:

95% for the musician;
1% transaction fees…

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Give them to CLains / his community efforts, if you do not find any charity. They will go to a good cause that way.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for being a stand-up guy. I'll pay it forward to charity. Know any charities who accept BTSX yet?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Even better - 1000 BTSX for a picture of $20 bill.  :)

PM me your account name!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Unfortunately:
1.I did not have them at AGS donation end time
2.I do not hold the anymore.

So, you are ways from qualifying. This was a gig of my own that I came up with today. :)

[edit]
That being said - if you send me a 20 dollar bill, I will send you 1000 BTS -Just for the fame of being the guy who paid that much for a dollar.  :)

We can do this electronically, right?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Unfortunately:
1.I did not have them at AGS donation end time
2.I do not hold the anymore.

So, you are ways from qualifying. This was a gig of my own that I came up with today. :)

[edit]
That being said - if you send me a 20 dollar bill, I will send you 1000 BTS -Just for the fame of being the guy who paid that much for a dollar.  :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:35:35 am by TheOnion »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Got myself a dose of the PTS holders' buzz.
For me personally, the shares received due to my PTS holding in DNS&VOTE will be worth 0.00021 BTC / #shares per PT). Or about $0.11/# shares per PTS.
I think I am good at those levels.???

Glad you like my logic for holding PTS. Feel free to send my reward any time!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Got myself a dose of the PTS holders' buzz.
For me personally, the shares received due to my PTS holding in DNS&VOTE will be worth 0.00021 BTC / #shares per PT). Or about $0.11/# shares per PTS.
I think I am good at those levels.???

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This week, this month, this six months, that's probably true. Which is why I am also an AGS donor and hold my share of BTSX. But will it still be true in a year or two from now? I'll hold some PTS to be sure.