Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28581 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

It would be very nice if there was a sticky thread from the beginning talking about that value. I am a member here from the beginning and I completely missed the argument that 1 PTS = 1.3 BTS and 1 AGS = 3.33 BTS (I wasn't visiting every single day) and I took serious losses because of that.
In the end of the day this is also MARKETING!! Try to protect your investors with transparency and honest thoughts!

That brings back great memories from January 1, the first day of AGS donations:

Angleshares value in PTS: 2.133 AGS/PTS = 9.50 USD. Total donations today: 2,343.996 PTS = 47,770.64 USD.
Angleshares value in BTC: 80.825 AGS/BTC = 9.28 USD. Total donations today: 61.862 BTC = 46,693.44 USD.

That's a total funding of 94,464.08 USD on day one! Good job!

Folks who moved from PTS/BTC to AGS today more than doubled their stake in BitShares and subsequent DACs. 
I wonder how long that deal will hold up...

"...And we're goin' to Surf City, 'cause it's two to one"

Now we are seeing much bigger ratios than the Beach Boys once sang about.

Staggering ratios!

And there is less risk now than there was then! 
Think of how many problems have been solved.
Think of how much stronger our underlying tech base is today.
How much more flexible and robust and full-featured it has become.
All the DACs in obvious parallel development by many talented, independent, self-motivated developers.
And BitShares XT operating with scores of examples posted daily.
If people were that excited on January 2nd, how can it be anything but blowing their minds now?

Humans are funny creatures.

A ten week delay to make a flurry of critical innovations
completely changes their calibration of what constitutes outstanding performance.
despite daily improvements
and triumphant breakthroughs
and videos and interviews and direct-access mumbles.

The pessimists are letting 5 to 1 and even greater opportunities slip away to the optimists.

But you, the strong, the patient, the informed and therefore the optimistic
will prevail and prosper.

You deserve it.

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Heh, you're still speculating though. Until BM emerges from his cave wielding the Holy Grail you have absolutely nothing to feel certain about. Fortunately I believe he will find it, as do most people in this forum. I feel it too :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Oh yes, it was freeing. As much as I hoped for and bet on the success of other coins, there was always a feeling in the pit of my stomach that it wasn't quite right. I had lingering doubts about viability and long term success, probably for good reasons. And when I found Bitshares, that nagging feeling disappeared. For tangible and intangible reasons, this is better than any stock or cryptocoin investment I've ever made. For the first time, I didn't just hope this is the real thing, I actually felt it. And I still feel it.

Offline onceuponatime

I speculated for long enough. Bigger players than you or me are manipulating it. The wisest thing I did was to sell all my crap coins and bet on Bitshares.

+5%

Very freeing, wasn't it?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I speculated for long enough. Bigger players than you or me are manipulating it. The wisest thing I did was to sell all my crap coins and bet on Bitshares.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
NEM is looking stronger every day. Trading on the Nxt asset exchange now and the dev team is competent.

Mastercoin is crap, don't buy at whatever price.

XCP looks better. Sports betting to be implemented any day now. Since the announcement alone already made prices spike I suppose the world cup will do the rest.

My holdings follow my opinions, not the other way around :)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
so...let's see...What are your thoughts:

PTS: Probably the best share to hold and undervalued right now. The price will shout up once some products are released...No doubt about that...

NXT: What is the max Market cap you think it will reach this year? Is this the NXT big thing out there? Is it even possible to become bigger than BTC? Is it even possible that it will win the mining pools and all these investments already taking place in BTC?

BTC: How long do you thing the pump from the DISH accepting bitcoin news will last? Where do you see BTC over the summer?

PPC / XPM / FTC: Are they slowly dying and no expected further development over there?

Cure coin: For the first time I see a meaning in mining. Could this go high with some publicity? Although XPM was also some kind of mining with scientific purpose I see it dying and this makes me sad (bagholder)...

BC: I don't see any benefit compared to NXT or PPC other than good marketing efforts but I might be completely wrong here

LTC: Other than the advantage of 1st scrypt coin, I see absolutely no real value there and sooner or later it will die??

Dark coin: If this is so good, BTC could change the protocol in the future so I don't see any value there either. I think it will soon be dumped.

Mastercoin / Counterparty: Crap...

Thoughts?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
yes.

although some times irrelevant posts are made on the thread, it is nice to see some graphs and trends when other people are noticing...

Offline mint chocolate chip

I like this idea.

Is this the link to the NXT market report? https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/nxt-market-report/180/

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I am going apeshit on this trading business. 7 days trends are my friend. I cut mercilessly at any sign of weakness.

Holding NXT and BC at this second. Reviewing commitments and opportunities 2 times daily.

I just want to be free.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If there was a specific thread back then for the price speculation and this article was posted many people would have been protected. I do not follow LTB...I only follow this forum. There is no much time to follow everything unfortunately...
However, you can see it as follows: You didnt really loose money but got shares in the snapshot. The only thing "lost" is the trading opportunity making some EXTRA bucks against those uninformed.

After my amazing performance in PTS trading I think I am the worst person to start this thread  ;)... Someone else more experienced should start it and pin the thread so it always comes on top!
Why not change the topic-title and let Amazon move+sticky this thread.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
For PTS we sure should set this up .. you can go for it! For BTS it doesn't make sense as BTS do not have value yet.
Sorry for your loss.. However, the "sell after snapshot" was not an agreement. It was a consequence of the snapshot and will happen over and over again after each snapshot! Afair BM announced this also on LTB (http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/caution-watch-for-falling-pts)

If there was a specific thread back then for the price speculation and this article was posted many people would have been protected. I do not follow LTB...I only follow this forum. There is no much time to follow everything unfortunately...

For PTS we sure should set this up .. you can go for it!
. After my amazing performance in PTS trading I think I am the worst person to start this thread  ;)... Someone else more experienced should start it and pin the thread so it always comes on top!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Do you know where the thread that does the equivalence math between the various shares is ?  I've always been meaning to do the math out on paper but never got around to it. I'd like to see it worked out.
Checkout:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2081.msg25208#msg25208
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3188.0
Discussion: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1631.0

People's opinions on coins are pretty much going to follow their holdings and they're going to say what they wish others to believe.  I am not sure there is much value in that.  And if you stick with the guys on here, they'll just tell you PTS is great value and to buy it up.  What other answer is there ?
That's probably true for Bitcointalk. I am pretty sure people in here are more serious! (That might change once bitshares products is successful)

However I do agree with you about discussion! This is why we need an off-topic forum that is not buried at the bottom in a discouraging manner.  You could post your market talk thread and ask for opinions.
There's an Economics subforum:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=6.0

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I disagree! Even if PTS is not an altcoin it is a share with tradable value. It would be very nice if there was a sticky thread from the beginning talking about that value. I am a member here from the beginning and I completely missed the argument that 1 PTS = 1.3 BTS and 1 AGS = 3.33 BTS (I wasn't visiting every single day) and I took serious losses because of that. I have also missed the argument that after the snapshot everyone would sell their PTS and instead I kept on buying... Most will say " that's your problem you didn't make proper research" but the NXT community "protects" their investors with this market update thread. They don't have to go around the whole forum to look around for information and make their judgments. If there was a thread back then and most of the people were saying the same things I wouldn't have made these mistakes.
For PTS we sure should set this up .. you can go for it! For BTS it doesn't make sense as BTS do not have value yet.
Sorry for your loss.. However, the "sell after snapshot" was not an agreement. It was a consequence of the snapshot and will happen over and over again after each snapshot! Afair BM announced this also on LTB (http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/caution-watch-for-falling-pts)

BM, Stan and others, including you Xeroc, to me are very respectable voices and I take now very seriously every single small comment you guys make!
Thanks for your trust, however I am just a small part of this community. No a developer. I am helping out in my spare time when I can. Nothing too special.

I think that we should start the market update thread as soon as possible in order to protect long term investors like me for future losses like that. The "company" or the "investors" or the "community" should share their thoughts regarding prices and future values and market trends. This is not like anybody has insight information or something. It is collaboration of ideas for the most important part of the whole investment, that is the shares price!
+5%

NXT in their thread talk about NXT price trends and many other altcoins. Why should I be obliged to go look at their thread and read the thoughts of people I "don't know" instead of listen to the thoughts of people I "know" from this community?

In the end of the day this is also MARKETING!! Try to protect your investors with transparency and honest thoughts!
I like the idea of having trusted friends of the community chat about market prices ..

I could  easily take a break from my work for 1 year and to be honest the way the market see BTS so far I don't think this will happen any time soon... :( :( :(. A market report update is essential!
There's a hole thread dedicated to that "issue"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4779.0;all

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I am a member here from the beginning and I completely missed the argument that 1 PTS = 1.3 BTS and 1 AGS = 3.33 BTS (I wasn't visiting every single day) and I took serious losses because of that.

NXT in their thread talk about NXT price trends and many other altcoins. Why should I be obliged to go look at their thread and read the thoughts of people I "don't know" instead of listen to the thoughts of people I "know" from this community?

Do you know where the thread that does the equivalence math between the various shares is ?  I've always been meaning to do the math out on paper but never got around to it. I'd like to see it worked out.

People's opinions on coins are pretty much going to follow their holdings and they're going to say what they wish others to believe.  I am not sure there is much value in that.  And if you stick with the guys on here, they'll just tell you PTS is great value and to buy it up.  What other answer is there ?

However I do agree with you about discussion! This is why we need an off-topic forum that is not buried at the bottom in a discouraging manner.  You could post your market talk thread and ask for opinions.
I speak for myself and only myself.