Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887018 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
The application model needs to change.. Instead of one gui to do it all you would offer a gui for the cryptqo stuff like sending recieving, privacy, referrals and account management, which the current gui is great for.

Then youd offer the dex over the cli which it does but do a metatrader4 bridge to the api for dex trading. You simply point people over to the client download for the dex and the wallet gui for crypto stuff.

Forex traders would be all over it especially since they can do their own account management, deposit withdrawls without trusting a broker!

I was thinking the same thing... All we would need is to get a metatrader license and may have to do some basic programming to access the API with the metatrader platform.  As far as deposits and withdrawals, I think we would have to point the trader to a deposit page on the openledger wallet.
I was thinking they dont need another broker, unless processing fiat, but once in crypto they can do their own account management in the bts crypto wallet. Whatever their crypto wallet balance is, would show up in metatrader4.

I have contacted metatrader in regards to setting up and licensing the terminal for bitshares.  I know a license can cost upwards of 100k, but there are companies offering to sell their licenses so there may be a cheaper option.

What I envision:
-website that hosts the metatrader introduction and download page.  Also has a link (with referral code) to create a bts wallet.
-newly created wallet links to downloaded metatrader platform
-password and credentials created for accessing account in metatrader
-user sends funds(crypto) to bts wallet and metatrader reflects those funds
-user trades markets in metatrader through bitshares API.  Metatrader get price data from bitshares API.
-users can cash out or access their funds by going to the original website and logging into the wallet through there.

Does this sound possible with the current API offered by graphene?  I am considering setting this up, but I think it would be an incredible tool for metaexchange or bitshares blocks.

Sounds like a good enough plan for a thread of it's own. Perhaps you could create a thread and link to it back in this thread? +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The application model needs to change.. Instead of one gui to do it all you would offer a gui for the cryptqo stuff like sending recieving, privacy, referrals and account management, which the current gui is great for.

Then youd offer the dex over the cli which it does but do a metatrader4 bridge to the api for dex trading. You simply point people over to the client download for the dex and the wallet gui for crypto stuff.

Forex traders would be all over it especially since they can do their own account management, deposit withdrawls without trusting a broker!

I was thinking the same thing... All we would need is to get a metatrader license and may have to do some basic programming to access the API with the metatrader platform.  As far as deposits and withdrawals, I think we would have to point the trader to a deposit page on the openledger wallet.
I was thinking they dont need another broker, unless processing fiat, but once in crypto they can do their own account management in the bts crypto wallet. Whatever their crypto wallet balance is, would show up in metatrader4.

The metatrader idea is a good one.  I envision many such interfaces developed on top of the Bitshares platform.  But that should be done by by 3rd parties. And I think it will come in time.  But as far as the default wallet goes, we just need a good-enough trading interface, privacy features, properly set fees, and truly pooled liquidity.  I hope people can start getting behind these ideas:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19724.msg253654.html#msg253654
I think we need to seperate dex from crypto account stuff... By depending on a third party to do this you now have a trustful relationship and higher fees through commissions (unless they use referals as revenue model entirely).. You only need the on and off ramps to be trustful.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
btc38 is going to open deposit and withdrawal this week.
Yunbi will do this tomorrow.

Whoa wait, really? If so this could be huge for our liquidity.

Time to pump it up.  +5%

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Whoa wait, really? If so this could be huge for our liquidity.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

The metatrader idea is a good one.  I envision many such interfaces developed on top of the Bitshares platform.  But that should be done by by 3rd parties. And I think it will come in time.  But as far as the default wallet goes, we just need a good-enough trading interface, privacy features, properly set fees, and truly pooled liquidity.  I hope people can start getting behind these ideas:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19724.msg253654.html#msg253654

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I have contacted metatrader in regards to setting up and licensing the terminal for bitshares.  I know a license can cost upwards of 100k, but there are companies offering to sell their licenses so there may be a cheaper option.

What I envision:
-website that hosts the metatrader introduction and download page.  Also has a link (with referral code) to create a bts wallet.
-user trades markets in metatrader through bitshares API.  Metatrader get price data from bitshares API.
-users can cash out or access their funds by going to the original website and logging into the wallet through there.

Does this sound possible with the current API offered by graphene?  I am considering setting this up, but I think it would be an incredible tool for metaexchange or bitshares blocks.

+5% for this!  +5%

If btc is getting pumped it's only normal btc/bts decreases. If you look in fiat terms, yes, we dropped from the 2.0 pump but it doesn't look as bad as it does in btc. People are overreacting.

What we should be worrying about is providing stable assets so once this pump finishes we can catch a good chunk. That's what we should focus on.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
cagara: EtherWizard, as I have nothing left this cannot unveil any position of mine. Well I started with 960 BTC here, margin trading and BTS got my down to 11 BTC

Wow, either he's being a massive lying troll...or he's a truly shit trader who doesn't deserve to have that much money to begin with.

In his defense, if BTS hadn't just been a massive pump and dump around 2.0 and Devs had actually delivered one like.. ONE of their promises maybe price hadn't dropped 85%

Facts??

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
515 sat in poloniex each BTS.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Tuck Fheman

or he's a truly shit trader who doesn't deserve to have that much money to begin with.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

What I envision:

Offline Portabello75

• View Profile
cagara: EtherWizard, as I have nothing left this cannot unveil any position of mine. Well I started with 960 BTC here, margin trading and BTS got my down to 11 BTC

Wow, either he's being a massive lying troll...or he's a truly shit trader who doesn't deserve to have that much money to begin with.

In his defense, if BTS hadn't just been a massive pump and dump around 2.0 and Devs had actually delivered one like.. ONE of their promises maybe price hadn't dropped 85%

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Tuck Fheman

Btw, what is the cause of the current Bitshares depression?

(a) People leaving Bitshares to buy Bitcoins?
(b) General lost of interest in Bitshares due to BTS 2.0 machinery?
(c) Is the BitUSD-BTS-link part of "the problem" with the declining BTS/BTC rate?
(d) Are people giving up on Bitshares because the GUI is still buggy?
(e) ...

Just brainstorming here.

(e) Dan left for 1 day.
 :P

Tuck Fheman

Also, WTF is up with BTC38? How do they have $204,901 in BTS volume there if they're not allowing deposits/withdrawals and haven't made the transition to 2.0 yet?

I've wondered the same thing about Bter with Qora for 9 months.

How does their "wallet not work" yet they continue accepting deposits/withdrawals/trades.

It's a mystery why I'll never see my Qora again.  :-\