Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 899974 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The application model needs to change.. Instead of one gui to do it all you would offer a gui for the cryptqo stuff like sending recieving, privacy, referrals and account management, which the current gui is great for.

Then youd offer the dex over the cli which it does but do a metatrader4 bridge to the api for dex trading. You simply point people over to the client download for the dex and the wallet gui for crypto stuff.

Forex traders would be all over it especially since they can do their own account management, deposit withdrawls without trusting a broker!

I was thinking the same thing... All we would need is to get a metatrader license and may have to do some basic programming to access the API with the metatrader platform.  As far as deposits and withdrawals, I think we would have to point the trader to a deposit page on the openledger wallet.
I was thinking they dont need another broker, unless processing fiat, but once in crypto they can do their own account management in the bts crypto wallet. Whatever their crypto wallet balance is, would show up in metatrader4.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The application model needs to change.. Instead of one gui to do it all you would offer a gui for the cryptqo stuff like sending recieving, privacy, referrals and account management, which the current gui is great for.

Then youd offer the dex over the cli which it does but do a metatrader4 bridge to the api for dex trading. You simply point people over to the client download for the dex and the wallet gui for crypto stuff.

Forex traders would be all over it especially since they can do their own account management, deposit withdrawls without trusting a broker!

I was thinking the same thing... All we would need is to get a metatrader license and may have to do some basic programming to access the API with the metatrader platform.  As far as deposits and withdrawals, I think we would have to point the trader to a deposit page on the openledger wallet.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Theres no server side manipulating price feeds which is the weakest link of mt4.. Although some brokers might stand up their own whitelabelled metatrader clients for uia trading, this would essentially remove the brokers from the trading paradaigm and replace it with a decentralized exchange.

Then if we do have brokers joining us we can stand up super servers so we can actually hit 100k tps and show that trades are happening in real time across multiple brokers, but really its the customers of these brokers we are winning over. They just need to pay the $100 fee howver we can market a discount to join for say 6 months to reducd barrier for entry when it is most important.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:40:34 pm by jsidhu »

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Btw, what is the cause of the current Bitshares depression?

(a) People leaving Bitshares to buy Bitcoins?
(b) General lost of interest in Bitshares due to BTS 2.0 machinery?
(c) Is the BitUSD-BTS-link part of "the problem" with the declining BTS/BTC rate?
(d) Are people giving up on Bitshares because the GUI is still buggy?
(e) ...

Just brainstorming here.

Can you still hold BitBTC?

Does the referral marketing have an effect? We have to wait and see.

BTC could be going to $10,000 though. There isn't any reason why it would stop rising this time except for maybe Max Block Size but that might take a while. Also by 2016 the Block Reward will half anyway so this has been predicted.

It's not Bitshares exclusive. All altcoins are losing BTC at a fast rate. What is important to note is they can all gain BTC back just as fast, but also it's important to note that perhaps the current bubble is from wall street and not tech experts. It might be that the Bitcoin ETFs, the ETNs, the NASDAQ news, and all of that, are allowing hedgefunds and others to buy BTC.

At the same time these entities aren't likely to buy altcoins like in previous bubbles. So it all depends on if regular people start buying BTC or if it's just wall street. Even if it is just wall street eventually wall street will notice Bitshares but it could take months.

Bitshares 2.0 has markets within it which just have to be used. Bitshares 2.0 isn't currently being used while Bitshares 1.0 would have been used in this situation. People would have bought BitAssets.
water flow from high to low
when money think price of btc is high,  money must seed valuable currency with low price .

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think that the reason is that the Chinese are pumping bitcoin..Once the pump is over hopefully they might come back and invest in some bitassets and bts..However the bigger problem is that when the btc pump ends bts may not be ready yet...

I think this pump is actually coming from Wall Street. What long awaited Wall Street Bitcoin exchange launched in early October? Did you forget about that? What about the Nasdaq experiments?

If Wall Street money starts flowing in the $1000 ATH will be passed like nothing. $10,000 or even $20,000 will be new bubble territory. When a Bitcoin is over $1000 a coin the ordinary people will then think it's too expensive and look to altcoins, but Wall Street don't think that way and don't have the same psychology.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

(c) Is the BitUSD-BTS-link part of "the problem" with the declining BTS/BTC rate?
(e) ...

Just brainstorming here.

Can you still hold BitBTC?

Does the referral marketing have an effect? We have to wait and see.

BTC could be going to $10,000 though. There isn't any reason why it would stop rising this time except for maybe Max Block Size but that might take a while. Also by 2016 the Block Reward will half anyway so this has been predicted.

It's not Bitshares exclusive. All altcoins are losing BTC at a fast rate. What is important to note is they can all gain BTC back just as fast, but also it's important to note that perhaps the current bubble is from wall street and not tech experts. It might be that the Bitcoin ETFs, the ETNs, the NASDAQ news, and all of that, are allowing hedgefunds and others to buy BTC.

At the same time these entities aren't likely to buy altcoins like in previous bubbles. So it all depends on if regular people start buying BTC or if it's just wall street. Even if it is just wall street eventually wall street will notice Bitshares but it could take months.

Bitshares 2.0 has markets within it which just have to be used. Bitshares 2.0 isn't currently being used while Bitshares 1.0 would have been used in this situation. People would have bought BitAssets.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile
IT's over ,oh my god.
ruin by polo

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Also, WTF is up with BTC38? How do they have $204,901 in BTS volume there if they're not allowing deposits/withdrawals and haven't made the transition to 2.0 yet?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think that the reason is that the Chinese are pumping bitcoin..Once the pump is over hopefully they might come back and invest in some bitassets and bts..However the bigger problem is that when the btc pump ends bts may not be ready yet...

Offline brainbug

• View Profile

(e) ...

Just brainstorming here.

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
Haha, what a funny comment by BM. Bytemaster are you in some crisis right now? Don't be, Bitshares is great and best! PM me if you need company support or so.

Just because all Chinese guys are leaving Bitshares to go long in Bitcoin doesn't mean Bitshares is dying :-D

It is the other way around, now it is time to get people interested in (cheap) Bitshares as this is still the very only Blockchain >2.0 network that (i) works, and (ii) is under very active development. If the price is low - guess what. It is time to buy in and also to finally build some smart applications around the Bitshares environment (e.g., to fix the overly crappy GUI, etc; maybe not in Javascript, hint). Maybe it is even time to think about 100% re-implementing the Bitshares core such that it runs perfectly on server farms and cluster environment (required for large scale payment processing).

Hey, Bitshares is still by far the most innovative "coin" out there! Don't get annoyed by this Bitcoin bubble 2.0 thing -- it will (i) burst, and (ii) there will be need for another more sophisticated technology (like Bitshares) rather soon! Everybody is working on such machinery, while Bitshares already has it.

ps: I would love to store my personal trades in some privat blockchain database on my webserver. Can you offer such a database on Bitshares technology?

pps: I keep buying Bitshares :-)

Offline betax

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....this is just flat out nuts. I feel like the only one who hasn't sold yet, lol. Insanity.

What do you think guys? Have we reached the bottom yet? Not sure how much more my heart can take.  :P

BTW, I love how when BTC was crashing to sub $200 levels BTS and all the other alts crashed along with it....now that BTC is finally recovering, BTS and all the alts....crash even harder. No justice I tell ya.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I leave town for one day and you all let the bottom fall out.   

If there is a market need for what BitShares solves then BTS has a future.  If there isn't a market need then it will remain small serving a niche.  The need for BTS is in times of crisis where decentralized exchanges are needed because all of the centralized exchanges fall down.

.. then lets make try and make the front end as easy and intuitive as possible for the non technical folks who dont give a damn about trading and just want to salvage whatever worthless dollars they still have in to gold and silver. [/color] I can do this in less that 5 clicks with bitreserve.

BM just said bitshares gains it's value from being an exchange when all centralized exchanges fail... that would lead me to believe we should skip making it for the average idiot, and tailor it to traders.

Metatrader 4 is the best trading platform I have used.  It's intuitive yet advanced.  Indicators are easy to write in mql4 and the barrier to entry is low.  There have been thousands of indicators created by regular traders.  I know people think poloniex has a great interface, but to tell you the truth, it's garbage.  It's boring, plain, and isn't even on par with basic broker platforms from companies like e-trade much less something like Metatrader.

If I showed the current interface to forex traders they would laugh.  There are no indicators(not even a moving average), no ability to zoom or pan, orders can't be executed by clicking on the chart, there is no line on the chart indicating where your open positions cost is, no active P/L, no grid option, no dynamic scaling, no ability to change bar colors, no ability to change to line or OHLC style charts.  And I can't stress enough that if you want to appeal to traders you need to be able to accommodate stop and take profit orders for open positions!  This is by far the main and most important thing to get functioning if you want traders.  Most of the other stuff a trader doesn't absolutely need to trade, but they need stops and take profits.

Seriously just look at metatrader 4... download it and open a demo account from one of the dozens of forex brokers that use metatrader as their platform (I use FXCM and Forex.com).  Give it a test run and you will see what trading platform needs to be at a minimum.  Unless we don't want traders, then all this is null and void.
You can even use mt4 as a frontend with any server side clearing software that plugs into the api... So you can use bitshares as the server giving trade information to mt4 which executes the trades and allows backtesting and algorthmic trading and development. This is a great idea... Ive said 100x gui coding is harder than you think unless you become a gui programmer. So leverage guis that work and mt4 clearly does.

@lil_jay890
@jsidhu

+5% +5% +5% +5%  for both of you for your suggestion's

PS I still can't understand why we want to invent the wheal again...   Let's combine bts2 vs Metatrader!   Superb idea !!!!!!!!!!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I leave town for one day and you all let the bottom fall out.   

If there is a market need for what BitShares solves then BTS has a future.  If there isn't a market need then it will remain small serving a niche.  The need for BTS is in times of crisis where decentralized exchanges are needed because all of the centralized exchanges fall down.

.. then lets make try and make the front end as easy and intuitive as possible for the non technical folks who dont give a damn about trading and just want to salvage whatever worthless dollars they still have in to gold and silver. [/color] I can do this in less that 5 clicks with bitreserve.

BM just said bitshares gains it's value from being an exchange when all centralized exchanges fail... that would lead me to believe we should skip making it for the average idiot, and tailor it to traders.

Metatrader 4 is the best trading platform I have used.  It's intuitive yet advanced.  Indicators are easy to write in mql4 and the barrier to entry is low.  There have been thousands of indicators created by regular traders.  I know people think poloniex has a great interface, but to tell you the truth, it's garbage.  It's boring, plain, and isn't even on par with basic broker platforms from companies like e-trade much less something like Metatrader.

If I showed the current interface to forex traders they would laugh.  There are no indicators(not even a moving average), no ability to zoom or pan, orders can't be executed by clicking on the chart, there is no line on the chart indicating where your open positions cost is, no active P/L, no grid option, no dynamic scaling, no ability to change bar colors, no ability to change to line or OHLC style charts.  And I can't stress enough that if you want to appeal to traders you need to be able to accommodate stop and take profit orders for open positions!  This is by far the main and most important thing to get functioning if you want traders.  Most of the other stuff a trader doesn't absolutely need to trade, but they need stops and take profits.

Seriously just look at metatrader 4... download it and open a demo account from one of the dozens of forex brokers that use metatrader as their platform (I use FXCM and Forex.com).  Give it a test run and you will see what trading platform needs to be at a minimum.  Unless we don't want traders, then all this is null and void.
You can even use mt4 as a frontend with any server side clearing software that plugs into the api... So you can use bitshares as the server giving trade information to mt4 which executes the trades and allows backtesting and algorthmic trading and development. This is a great idea... Ive said 100x gui coding is harder than you think unless you become a gui programmer. So leverage guis that work and mt4 clearly does.