Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 131283 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
From bytemaster's first post in this thread:
According to Wikipedia, brownie points are a hypothetical social currency, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another.

And the description which pops up when hovering over the asset name on the exchange (on the BROWNIE.PTS:BTS page):
Brownie points in modern usage are a hypothetical social currency, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another, often one's superior.
:P :P :P

By the way, this isn't bytemaster's addition, it's in the wikipedia quote:
Brownie points in modern usage are a hypothetical social currency, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another, often one's superior.

I hope this was left in intentionally, because it's bloody brilliant! This is hilarious in the light of some people's thoughts on brownie nosing!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao

My BTS ID:yao

I'm a Keyhotee Founder, and in the past two years, I did what I could do for BTS:

• I was in the weibo.com( like  Twitter) through the way of topics (#DAC#, #BTS#, #比特股#, #BitShares#,#区块链#Blockchain,#DDOS#,etc.) propaganda BitShares and DAC.
  • Initiating and participating in bitsharestalk.org to discuss the possibility of transforming real business. Encourage everyone try to start a startup, I also try some of the possibilities:
    https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15383.0.html      https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15408.0.html      https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15698.0.html
  • On April 17, 2015,  @newtree  in Chinese Community Service Group(delegate:market.cn.group101) find me, invited me to joinChinese Community Service Group, operating a WeChat public number "hellobts", @newtree and I work together,reorganize and spread the bitshares community dynamic (bitsharestalk.org, weibo.com, bts.hk, etc). Wechat is a social application like Faccbook , all of China's smartphone users(Chinese smartphone users in 2014 exceeded 500 million)are chat and share informations in Wechat everyday, we currently have 1282 users follow us and receive our daily push information about bitshares community.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
  • Does investing 150k into BTS and watching the marketcap tank count?  :-\

I seriously hope you are completely full of shit.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. That sounds completely irresponsible whether you have a multimillion dollar trust fund, you are a lottery winner, or whatever.

You obviously couldn't ride the waves of the market and you needed to quit so you could pay the bills. This makes me sad that some of you are so wrongfully invested in something so risky and unknown. I am really hoping that you are just an heir to the family fortune and piss away money like that regularly rather than spending actual earned money.  :(

Not full of shit and yes it was irresponsible of me.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

I wouldn't even know where to begin. That sounds completely irresponsible whether you have a multimillion dollar trust fund, you are a lottery winner, or whatever.

You obviously couldn't ride the waves of the market and you needed to quit so you could pay the bills. This makes me sad that some of you are so wrongfully invested in something so risky and unknown. I am really hoping that you are just an heir to the family fortune and piss away money like that regularly rather than spending actual earned money.  :(

Preach it!

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

I guess I haven't done much in term of "sweat equity" for Bitshares, but I have been a follower since spring 2014, an AGS and PTS investor as well as an eager Bitshares buyer/holder.

I converted my best friend to Bitshares, helped him set up a wallet and he bought a significant stake. He's a hodler as much as I am. Now I'm spreading the word around to people I know, sending them links about all the partnerships and the media coverage out there. When BTS 2.0 is out there I'll switch gear as it'll be much easier to get people onboard.

I also regularly post on the forum and try to generally keep the discussion positive and constructive, and I counterbalance FUD with a believer attitude, even if sometimes I may appear as a fan boy.

All in all I may not have done much compared to others, but I believe my small contribution has been positive.

I'm not asking much though, as I know a lot of people around here did an incredible job!

+5% I've been a forum member since early 2014 but I was following Protoshares since it's inception.  I've converted many users and I'm active on social media (especially Reddit) promoting the technology and correcting people on their misperceptions and what amounts to FUD.  Besides my early stake in PTS, I also donated to AGS a substantial sum for me at the time. I do rapid software development using SQL databases as a day job and have been toying with ideas for integrating BTS2.0 once released. So most of my contribution has been financial and through social media.. though the amount of time I've dedicated to BTS through these avenues has been substantial (its been years afterall).
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Does investing 150k into BTS and watching the marketcap tank count?  :-\

Ouch, even more than me.

I long for the day that we are all back to breakeven at least.  And I won't ever sell more than a few trading shares until we are way above that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

It will. Hang in there.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Heard about this on today's mumble hangout. It's a great way to reward effort. I wish something like this was in place when nullstreet was booming. I don't think as many people would have burned out if they were given recognition for everything they did. As for what I've personally contributed, I put a lot of my time and energy into bitshares last year and ultimately burned out as market cap eroded and I saw my investment dwindle away to almost nothing (had to focus on my own business and paying the bills, etc).
  • Created whatisbitusd.com and got it ranked #1 in Google for "bitusd".
  • Referred the second most number of users.
  • Started the nullstreet movement (everyone burned out though)
  • Didn't take a cent from the delegate I created (gave remainder to cass)
  • Came up with the idea for a blockchain based referral program.
Anyway, good luck with this.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:06:06 pm by Method-X »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I guess I haven't done much in term of "sweat equity" for Bitshares, but I have been a follower since spring 2014, an AGS and PTS investor as well as an eager Bitshares buyer/holder.

I converted my best friend to Bitshares, helped him set up a wallet and he bought a significant stake. He's a hodler as much as I am. Now I'm spreading the word around to people I know, sending them links about all the partnerships and the media coverage out there. When BTS 2.0 is out there I'll switch gear as it'll be much easier to get people onboard.

I also regularly post on the forum and try to generally keep the discussion positive and constructive, and I counterbalance FUD with a believer attitude, even if sometimes I may appear as a fan boy.

All in all I may not have done much compared to others, but I believe my small contribution has been positive.

I'm not asking much though, as I know a lot of people around here did an incredible job!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:15:47 pm by sudo »

Offline xiong13

• View Profile
I tried to explain BitShares to the world with an approachable introductory text and website.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15993.0/topicseen.html

Much to update though once 2.0 comes out.

bts: content

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Cheers DataSecurityNode!

Great payout yesterday for X11 - was that 2 days worth in one hit?
Thanks again;

Actually yes it was. The day before was below our payout threshold so it got held over to the next day which ended up being really good. Tonight was pretty good too.

I have an update coming out later this week about MineBitShares.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Cheers DataSecurityNode!

Great payout yesterday for X11 - was that 2 days worth in one hit?
Thanks again;